Taking uddeIM and CB to the next level

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #213178 by xpatman
I am not sure if this should be in the uddeIM or CB forum

Well,here goes

At the moment registered users can send PM's and emails, but on my site I have another level of user (Paid), so is there a way to only let the "Paid" have access to the uddeIM component via the CB plug-ins

Joomla 2-5
CB 1-8
uddeIM 2.8

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #213214 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Taking uddeIM and CB to the next level
As you're not a CBSubs user I assume "Paid" is a usergroup in J2.5 perhaps? If is the case then create a new access view level with the "Paid" and "Super Users" usergroups selected then set "Private Message System" in CB > Plugin Management to the new access view level. Now create a Joomla menu link to UddeIM and protect it with the same access view level. This should limit UddeIM usage inside and outside of CB to only Paid users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #213234 by xpatman
Replied by xpatman on topic Re: Taking uddeIM and CB to the next level
Hi
I will try and explain in a little more detail as I am not sure about 'CBSubs '

I have Created a membership - discount card for my members to get discounts from shops, bars and discount at events, and it is used with the Alpha User Points component to collect reward points, better known as the "Extra Card"

Members can buy a membership/discount card and each card has a number which I enter in CB Field Manager as they buy it, then turn them on in Alpha User Points.

My idea is that only "Paid - extra" members can have access to the uddeIM component via the CB plug-ins

Am I still looking at the new access view level

Cheers
Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #213293 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Taking uddeIM and CB to the next level
You can't do the access controls without also making a usergroup for them and an access view level for that usergroup.

Within Users > Groups you can create your new "Paid" group (create it under "Registered"). Once done navigate to Users > Access Levels and create a new "Paid" access level with "Paid" and "Super Users" usergroups checked. You should then be able to protect various locations of your site using the two.

You would then give them the usergroup while editing them to add their card number in CB > User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #213382 by xpatman
Hi
thanks for that info
I am going to call it =Members=

So far I have to set up TWO user groups, one via the top Joomla Menu (User Manager: User Groups), and then one via the Viewing Access Levels (User Manager: Viewing Access Levels)

Once I have done that I can set all Plug-ins, Modules, to =Members= and then only that group can use the UddeIM component.

I am running some tests on my Mirror site just to check and so far it looks good.

Cheers

James

11 years 5 months ago #213405 by xpatman
Hi Again

I have been able to get 99% of what I wanted, but any ideas on how to make the "Compose" feature within the post box =Members= only

Cheers
James

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn