error with auto welcome plugin with uddeIM .7

16 years 6 months ago #47687 by airnikez
after upgrading to uddeim 0.7b, the auto welcome and accepting connection no longer works. I'm using CB 1.1

when user sign up, i no longer get a connection and no email or pms message.

this is the error when i try to accept a user connection:

SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to.

Your SQL=INSERT INTO jos_uddeim (fromid, toid, message, datum) VALUES (63, 94, 'Connection Request Accepted! NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to. Your request to connect with xxx was accepted! Manage Connections ', 1192145940)
SQL =
INSERT INTO jos_uddeim (fromid, toid, message, datum) VALUES (63, 94, 'Connection Request Accepted!

NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to.

Your request to connect with xxx was accepted!
Manage Connections
', 1192145940)

--Edit (slabbi): Changed Title since the error is not in uddeIM

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2007/10/14 23:22

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #47705 by slabbi
Well, generally the table layout in uddeIM has not changed, all fields are still present. So the error seems to be in auto welcome plugin.

Could you provide the exact SQL error and the corresponding lines from auto welcome plugin, plz?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 6 months ago #47768 by airnikez
Replied by airnikez on topic Re:error in auto welcome plugin with uddeIM .7
i think i figure out the problem. when the message is insert into the jos_uddeim table, within the message text itself there's a " ' ". So how do I escape the apostrophe inside the string?

SQL =
INSERT INTO jos_uddeim (fromid, toid, message, datum) VALUES (63, 94, 'Connection Request Accepted!

NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to.

Your request to connect with xxx was accepted!
Manage Connections', 1192145940)

16 years 6 months ago #47779 by slabbi
Try to use \'

You can use
addslashes($str)
for this.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 6 months ago #47793 by mstorm
Hi there... I don't mean to be a complete noob here, but I am having the same problem... would you please be so kind as to describe what file I need to change and where I need to add the corrections.

Sorry... but thanks in advance :)

16 years 6 months ago #47806 by clydd
Hi All,
I have installed teh new Uddeim_0.7
Being a newbie, I do not know where exactly (and in which file) I have to take care of the Apostrophe.
Assuming that I am having the same error that is.

Heres the error I get when I Try to request a new connection with a member on my site and even when I try to delete a connection

Error message when trying to initiate a connection:
[code:1]QL errorDB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to. vision is requesting t' at line 1 SQL=INSERT INTO jos_uddeim (fromid, toid, message, datum) VALUES (62, 83, 'You have a pending connection from vision! NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to. vision is requesting to connect with you and requires your approval. Please accept or deny the connection request accordingly. vision included the following personal message: please connect me Manage Connections ', 1192290211)
SQL =

INSERT INTO jos_uddeim (fromid, toid, message, datum) VALUES (62, 83, 'You have a pending connection from vision!

vision is requesting to connect with you and requires your approval. Please accept or deny the connection request accordingly. vision included the following personal message:

please connect me
Manage Connections
', 1192290211)[/code:1]

Note: after the above message appears as an error, I can see that the pending connection picture appears, but when i try to delete this pending connection this is error i get:

[code:1]SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to. vision has removed you' at line 1 SQL=INSERT INTO jos_uddeim (fromid, toid, message, datum) VALUES (62, 83, 'Connection Removed! NOTE: This is a message generated automatically by the Connections system. It has the connecting user's address, so you can conveniently reply if you wish to. vision has removed your connection! Manage Connections ', 1192292960)
SQL =

INSERT INTO jos_uddeim (fromid, toid, message, datum) VALUES (62, 83, 'Connection Removed!

vision has removed your connection!
Manage Connections
', 1192292960)[/code:1]

Can you please help.
This is an otherwise flawless and much needed component.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn