J1.5 and uddeIM

16 years 6 months ago #48212 by microsfot
J1.5 and uddeIM was created by microsfot
what's about the integration of uddeIM in J1.5 SVN?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #48216 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:J1.5 and uddeIM
Nice idea, unfortunately I do not use J!1.5 currently.

Are there any problems when uddeIM is installed on J!1.5? Which ones?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 6 months ago #48659 by zenny
Replied by zenny on topic Re:J1.5 and uddeIM
I just installed uddeIM for a community we support.
The joomla is 1.5 rc2 in legacy mode and latest community builder as well as fireboard installed.

Installation went fine, some functionality like composing also worked right out of the box, but I spent another two hours of manual code fixup to get the whole thing to a level where it could work at all.

The main problem I found is that you have global scoped configuration values which loose their global scope under jjoom since the component itself is wrapped within an object. I temporarily set two variables I found that are required for sending and receiving mails simply to use $GLOBALS, which of course is no solution. I'd suggest moving all configuration values into an object or $GLOBALS or define them as constants or something like that. After this, most problems should be gone. Right now in my setup (without the config variables available) user settings and emailing does not work, and pretty much nothing except for sending and receiving mails.

I also patched some queries because the toread and totrash fields in the db never did something helpful, also there is a fieldname typo in the dblayout 'something_notification' which disables usage completely.
-- edited: my bad, the fieldname typo was not in uddeim but com_jam, which I tried just before installing udde.

Oh, also the community consists mostly of German users, so I copied germani.php to german.php in the language files so the default language module is found properly.

All in all uddeim looks much better and provides more functionality then jam (which seems to be written for jjoom, but didn't work at all for me out of the box, and looked crappy as hell). I'm confident the users will like it.

Hope the information is helpful to someone =]

Post edited by: zenny, at: 2007/10/24 14:11

16 years 6 months ago #48660 by slabbi
Could you send me your changes plz (ssl(at)gmx.de)?

> I also patched some queries because the toread and totrash fields in the db never did something helpful

What do you mean? These fields are very important!

> also there is a fieldname typo in the dblayout 'something_notification' which disables usage completely

Where have you found this? I do not find it in my files?

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2007/10/24 13:59

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 5 months ago #51265 by slabbi
J!1.5 compatibility is done in the trunk now.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds