uddeIM+ 0.8 (work in progress)

16 years 6 months ago #48277 by slabbi
uddeIM+ 0.8 (work in progress) was created by slabbi
Note: uddeIM is not released yet!

This is a list of features which is already implemented in the development version of uddeIM 0.8:

1.) Cleaned up the code a little bit again.
2.) When a message is recalled and send again, uddeIM does not longer send an additional
notification email.
3.) Import tab in admin backend was shown again when settings were saved.
4.) New emoticons from KOLOBOK.us.

Note:
a) Animated emoticons are available for all themes expect "noir" now (maybe someone can
convert all emoticons in "/templates/~~~theme~~~/animated"?).
b) Extended emoticons can be stored in a folder "/templates/~~~theme~~~/animated-extended".
For the default template about 32 animated emoticons are provided. If you need more you
can copy as many emoticons in this folder as you like. The filename is used to identify
an emoticon in the pm (e.g. "cry.gif" will be entered as ":cry:").

5.) Switch between static and animated emoticons.
6.) Delete link is available when a message is read from the outbox folder.
7.) "uddeIM Notify" module for people who do not use Community Builder (this module also
supports popups).
8.) Notifications to a new users will be sent even when these users have not used uddeIM before
and default for notifications is set to always in backend.

9.) "Message Encryption" has been implemented. When this feature is enabled users can secure
messages with an encryption key (called "Password" in the frontend since not everyone knows
the difference between a "password" and a "key"). Messages can only be read when the correct
key is provided. When no key is entered uddeIM falls back to "Message obfuscating".

Warning: This is an experimental feature. Use is with care.
When you are unsure what to do enable "Message obfuscating" only.
You can enable encryption whenever you like.

10.) There are checkboxes in the inbox, outbox, trash and archive now. These checkboxes allow
to delete multiple messages at the same time. You can choose between text and icon layout.
11.) About 50 minor bugs and CSS layout bugs fixed.
12.) Messages can be pruned in the backend manually.
13.) User settings link was not shown when popups where enabled and notifications not.
14.) When CB avatars are enabled, "no picture" avatar is displayed when user has no avatar.
15.) Icons for menubar, bottom links and action links can be enabled/disabled seperately.
16.) The maintenance function has been improved and checks for a few database errors (useful when
you have updated from uddeIM 0.5 and below or when 3rd party software writes in uddeIM's
database tables).

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2007/10/28 14:30

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #48915 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Beta testers for uddeIM 0.8 wanted.
Hi,

I plan to release uddeIM 0.8 shortly. So it would be nice to have a few beta testers who like to test the new package.

It should be stable (actually it is running on my site for several days now) but you never know, so you should know how to go back to 0.7b when something goes wrong.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 6 months ago #49117 by Kimi
Replied by Kimi on topic Re:Beta testers for uddeIM 0.8 wanted.
ya know what? if it works with the new releases of CB and Joomla 1.0.13 I'll be happy to beta test it for you.. Do you have a place to email you about any issues?

A small addition I'd like to see is a group mail so I can PM everyone on the site.

Future ideas that I'd pay for:
embedded images/video
file share
drag and drop emo addition.. (All this coding is giving this blonde a major migraine!)

Kimi

16 years 6 months ago #49122 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Beta testers for uddeIM 0.8 wanted.
Kimi wrote:

ya know what? if it works with the new releases of CB and Joomla 1.0.13 I'll be happy to beta test it for you.. Do you have a place to email you about any issues?

A small addition I'd like to see is a group mail so I can PM everyone on the site.

You are welcome. PM me your email and I will send you the package for testing.

"Group mail" is already available: Check "System mail" in uddeIM.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 6 months ago #49199 by Kimi
Replied by Kimi on topic Re:Beta testers for uddeIM 0.8 wanted.
I did and you did and wow I love it!! I'm working out a few things to tell you in the email.. but installation was a breeze!!! and I'm loving the embed codes!! and those emos were VERY well plotted out. I want to add more soon but at the moment I'm reveling in this nifty new feature! Thank you so much for allowing me to beta test for you. I will make good use of email with you to help all I can.
Kimi

16 years 6 months ago #49242 by Dionysus
Replied by Dionysus on topic Re:Beta testers for uddeIM 0.8 wanted.
I have a big request if possible.

I think this is a joomla smf login, but wanted to know if this can be done with uddeIM and CB?

The login is from this site:
dev.anything-digital.com/

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn