2 messages but nothing in inbox.

16 years 5 months ago #50287 by gadgetdad
Replied by gadgetdad on topic Re:2 messages but nothing in inbox.
That code change did not work. In fact it told me I had no messages. So I changed it back and there I am with a message notification again for 3 messages but nothing in the inbox.

Now you say the messages are trashed? Would they not be in the trash folder then to view? Cause they are not.

So if uddeIM is not working for 1.5 (its super super close to working, everthing works except the inbox), can you suggest a PM system that will?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #50289 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:2 messages but nothing in inbox.
The problem with J!1.5 is that it encapsulates lagacy modules in a class. A result of this is that "globals" (in uddeIM quite all config variables are globals) are not longer availalable globally.

The problem is not that the inbox does not show new messages, the problem is that uddeIM trashes new messages immediately since "$config_TrashLifespan, $config_ReadMessagesLifespan, $config_UnreadMessagesLifespan" are not available and so treated as ZERO (witch means a very short lifespan for unread messages).

As soon as the configuration file problem is solved, uddeIM will work with J!1.5.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 5 months ago #50291 by gadgetdad
Replied by gadgetdad on topic Re:2 messages but nothing in inbox.
I appreciate your time. Hopefully that fix will come soon.:whistle:

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn