DB Repair issue after upgrade from .5b

16 years 5 months ago #51274 by TheFlyingKiwi
DB Repair issue after upgrade from .5b was created by TheFlyingKiwi
Hi Slabbi,

Many thanks for your hard work with this great component. 2 questions if I may:

I have successfully upgraded from .5b to .8 (word for word from your guide) and it all works perfectly.

1) I just ran the maintenance "check" function and it said "Maintenance required." So I ran the repair function and got following messages:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in ***/includes/database.php on line 403

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in ****/includes/database.php on line 406
delete blocking of user #

Repeated a number of times. Any ideas?

2) Also, Is it possible to get an email notification from a quick message

Many thanks
Iain

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #51278 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:DB Repair issue after upgrade from .5b
You can ignore the "errors". The database queries should be processed correctly and when you start the maintenance process again they should not appear again.

When using the patched mypms plugin a notification should be sent.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 5 months ago #51279 by TheFlyingKiwi
Replied by TheFlyingKiwi on topic Re:DB Repair issue after upgrade from .5b
Slabbi, many thanks for your quick reply.

You can ignore the "errors". The database queries should be processed correctly and when you start the maintenance process again they should not appear again.

Hmmm - just ran the process again and exactly the same thing happened. If it's nothing to worry about then I will move on.

When using the patched mypms plugin a notification should be sent.

I am using the patched mypms plugin. I simply ftp'd the new files and made the necessary changes from within CB Plugin manager. Should I repeat the process or is there something else i can try.

Thanks
Iain

16 years 5 months ago #51289 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:DB Repair issue after upgrade from .5b
When sending a message: has the receiver opened his inbox before or is it a new user?

When it is an "old" user he should receive notifications (its working fine here), when he is a new user a record is created based in the default settings (receive notifications / use popups).

Maybe I have fixed the database maintenance issue after 0.8 was released. It should already be fixed in the 0.9 trunk.

Actually this is not a problem it does only mean that there are a few orphaned records in the database because of some deleted users. So there is no "error" in the database ;)

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 5 months ago #51302 by TheFlyingKiwi
Replied by TheFlyingKiwi on topic Re:DB Repair issue after upgrade from .5b
ok cool - will have a look at the user status and not lose any sleep over the database errors ;)

Thanks again for your hard work, a great product and great support.

All the best
Iain

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn