Message all connections

16 years 5 months ago #51319 by shadehaize
Message all connections was created by shadehaize
Well I'm finnaly over my dis allowed key characters
deal. ;)

I have to say out of all the PMS I have tried this is definitley the best. I like that you have a list of all your connections. I was wondering, I know you can message multiple users now, is there a chance that in a future release you can have a selection to send messages to all connections instead of having to type in each name followed by the , ?

Keep up the great work!!

My CB Site:<a href="www.cvalleylive.com">www.cvalleylive.com
A Work in progress.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #51325 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Message all connections
Well, I could add a "All connections" option to the list but I wonder if this is a good option since people could add all existing users to their connections and send unwanted mails to all users easily?!?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 5 months ago #51401 by shadehaize
Replied by shadehaize on topic Re:Message all connections
What I like about your component is that you can disable the all users list and just show connections.

The only thing I don't like about CB (just the one by the way!) is that there is no "User Bulletin" type components where friends can send out information that only their connections can read. If your familiar with myspace than you'll know what I am talking about.

Since you can all ready send messages to multiple people with your plugin, I figured a send to all connections option could kind of make up for the lack of a network bulletin you follow? A reply all would be nice too.

I see what your saying though but that desicion really kind of falls in the site admins hands to enable or disable the different options.

Just my thought.. I myself think it would be cool! :)

My CB Site:<a href="www.cvalleylive.com">www.cvalleylive.com
A Work in progress.

16 years 5 months ago #51412 by slabbi
There is already a feature request for it on the tracker.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 3 months ago #55199 by garyfranchi
Replied by garyfranchi on topic Re:Message all connections
How soon would a send message to "all connections" plugin be available?

It would be great if the options on the admin side gives the admin the choice to allow either PMs or Emails or both... I personally would only activate the PM feature, so my host doesn't flag my account for excessive emails and our domain doesn't get hit with spam complaints...

My users are screaming at me for it... MySpace has spoiled them...

Do we know if this feature is rolling out soon?

16 years 3 months ago #55201 by slabbi
Not very soon.

I have started work on uddeIM 1.1 and 1.0 will be released end of next week, so there is no time left for this feature.

I have to do some major design changes in uddeIM 1.1 since the new feature "Public User Frontend" is much more complex than expected. It will allow public users to send PMs to registered users.

(If someone wants to try: I do not recommend to use 1.1 trunk actually since it is really buggy).

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.788 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn