uddeIM 0.9 Tab in CB Profile

16 years 4 months ago #52732 by tantan1208
uddeIM 0.9 Tab in CB Profile was created by tantan1208
Hi. I just installed uddeIM 0.9 on my website: www.touring-england.com but i'm having trouble showing the IM/PM tab on the CB profile page.

* I use the latest CB
* I've disabled the default cb plugin myPMS
* I've installed the uddeIM plugin

Please Advice.

Regards,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #52733 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM 0.9 Tab in CB Profile
Please search the forums: uddeim tab

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 1 month ago #58711 by itchibahn
Replied by itchibahn on topic Re:uddeIM 0.9 Tab in CB Profile
Joomla 1.0.13, CB 1.1, uddeIM 1.0, installed it's module and plugin, disabled CB's. Published it all, published the tab. But no go, like everyone else.

I don't have problem with installing tabs for others, so why is there so many having this problem with uddeIM? After spending entire day to resolve this issue, I'm moving on to another PM. uddeIM and CB is giving me PMS :laugh:

16 years 1 month ago #58714 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM 0.9 Tab in CB Profile
Just to clarify: It is not uddeIM component which makes troubles. The component works fine.

The PMS plugin is a "plugin" for CB which has nothing to do with uddeIM (it calls no functions of the component). The plugin provides a form and writes the entered data directly into uddeIM's database tables.

When people have problems with the PMS plugin then because of configuration mistakes in CB. And there are several traps, e.g.

- when using plug_pms_uddeim some people forget to disable the standard plugin delivered with CB

- lots of people have problems with the separate configuration dialogs of CB plugins and CB tabs (in particular Joomla and CB newbies have problems here)

- some people expect a complete message system in their profile but the PMS plugin does only provide a simple message box ("Quick message") in the profile of other users which can be used to send a message to this user

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/03/14 15:53

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn