A couple of feature requests

16 years 4 months ago #53019 by NateM
A couple of feature requests was created by NateM
I recently moved to uddeim from JIM and I must say I'm impressed. JIM was a solid pm system, but uddeim blows it away in terms of features. Overall, I'm very happy with it. There are a few additional features that I think would make it unbeatable, though.

1. Report user mod: I know CB already has a report user option, but it would be nice to see a link built into the pm system. Perhaps one that would copy the offending message, as well, so that you know why they are being reported.
2. A possibility perhaps to limit the amount of pms for new users. Something like a per hour/day limit until a user has been on the site x amount of days would be nice. And would probably cut down on the pm spam being sent.
3. Give users the ability to block all pms except from their connections and from staff. When trying to send a pm to such a user, you would recieve a message such as "This user has chosen to receive pms only from connections. Would you like to request a connection now?" With a link.
4. With the "send multiple pm's option", could we have the option also to send multiple pm's, but only to connections or staff? IE, if this option is available, you can send multiple pm's, but only if you are sending it to staff or connections. If you just send it to a bunch of people you aren't connected with, it won't allow it.

My reasons for this are that my site has seen a spike recently in the number of harassing/spam pm's being sent, and I'd like a few more features to be available to help protect my members. I realize some of these would probably have quite a while before they were implemented, but it's something worth thinking about. Once again, thank you for the great work so far.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #53035 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:A couple of feature requests
Thanks for your ideas ;)

I added them to the feature tracker on joomlacode.org. I am not quite sure if I will implement all of them but they sound quite good for me.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2007/12/24 14:50

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.618 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn