Menu for message on users profile

18 years 2 months ago #5688 by procreate
Replied by procreate on topic Re:Menu for message on users profile
im also getting an error in the cb login that no pms exists. [The page you are trying to access does not exist.
Please select a page from the main menu.]

its trying to link to com_pms instead of com_uddeim.

where exactly in CB do you enable PM? only place i can find it is in joomlaboard. i know this is most likely operator error, but i am feeling crazy looking for it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5737 by benjamin
Replied by benjamin on topic Re:Menu for message on users profile
You have to choose uddeIM from the PMS plugin you use.

Go to your backend, Community Builder administration, plugin management. Now look for ALL pms plugins you have (pms.mypmspro, pms.cbpms) and choose uddeIM 0.5 in these plugins. If uddeIM 0.5 is not available, choose uddeIM 0.4.

Make sure that you choose uddeIM in all plugins, even if they are not published. Some users had problems with this, which probably is a CB problem, but neither beat from CB nor myself were able to reproduce it.

Make sure that at least one of these plugins actually is published.

18 years 2 months ago #5740 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Re:Menu for message on users profile
The last reply solved my problem!

I had unpublished the Pms MyPms pro plug-in. So I thought I did not have to care about it.

Changing that to uddeIM 0.4 gave me the choice to send messages. Very strange that something you do in an unpublished plug-in would change anything...

BTW - I never had any error messages. The menu choice just did not show.

Regards,

Oceanwatcher

18 years 2 months ago #5745 by procreate
im getting the error message on the CB login [didnt explain that above well] where it says 'you have no new private messages' and here you click on it and it takes you to the joomlapolis post office or something PM page, if i click on my site it gives the 'page doesnt exist' message.

btw, thanks for the hint on the unpublished.... worked, but i had to change them all to 0.4, no option for 0.5 on the pms.mypmspro.php plugin PMS component type. seems both that one and the pms.cbpms have to be the same [0.5 is available on that one]

Post edited by: procreate, at: 2006/02/07 15:55

18 years 2 months ago #5755 by procreate
nevermind, im an idiot.... in the login module of course. so many places to choose the PM system, be easier to set it in one place in teh configuration.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn