Wrong encoding of foreign language with CB message

16 years 3 months ago #55984 by slabbi
alterna wrote:

what I can tell you is that all was working ok with mypmspro before installing uddeim and that since I installed uddeim I have this problem only with messages sent by CB connections module.

Sorry, could you be a little bit more precisely here?
a) You have not used uddeIM component before but a different PMS with mypmspro plugin?
b) You have used uddeIM component before and used it with mypmspro plugin and it was running fine. After installing pms_uddeim plugin it was not longer running fine?

If b) you can switch back to the files a have provided inside the "obsolete" folder in uddeIM package.

Di you have mypmspro AND pms_uddeim installed and published (which is wrong since only one should be enabled).

BBcode is enabled and the links provided by CB connection module are not appearing correctly, these links are provided by CB connection module between the tags [ url ] which are not decoded properly by uddeim

This is quite interesting and might be a bug indeed. Actually I cannot reproduce your bug but I try...

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #55988 by alterna
Sorry I will try to be more precise:

I had another pms component mypms with mypmspro plugin and all was running fine.

Then I changed to uddeim and both with mypmspro plugin and uddeim plugin I have the same problems with CB connection messages and links provided by CB.

I have both mypmspro and uddeim plugins installed but only uddeim plugin is published.

My site is icontes.com if you want to have a look just register and I'll give you access

16 years 3 months ago #55989 by slabbi
Great, I was able to reproduce 50% of the problem after your last message.

The character encoding was fine on my testsite (this is definitely language file related and can be fixed in the CB language file).

The "\n" is also language file related. You can also use a "real" newline here, so the DEFINE goes over two or three lines.

I checked the plug concept of CB and it seems that CB sends encoded texts to the plugin module which is not decoded there. I have to clarify this with nant or beat, how we can decode this in the plugin without having side effects to other modules/plugins which use the plug_pms.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 3 months ago #55991 by alterna
slabbi wrote:

The character encoding was fine on my testsite (this is definitely language file related and can be fixed in the CB language file).

In fact after several checkings it is not the best way to fix the problem as CB uses a lot of different language strings for different messages used both by pms, on screen and email systems.

Which would mean that by changing the language file, we would have the wrong encoding in other output systems such as email or on screen messages.

I'll leave the language file as it is with the right encoding and hope that you'll find a solution with CB team on this.

Why not try to analyze how mypms decode CB messages for instance and reproduce it in uddeim ?

Hope that you will find a quick solution because my website is based on social networking both in french and english, and I really like your component, would not want to step back to something else ;)

16 years 3 months ago #55992 by slabbi
I have analyzed the problem and the problem is following:

CB escapes the strings with "mysql_real_escape_string" to hand it over to the plugin which writes it into the database.

So far so good when you write the text directly into the database.

Unfortunately there is lots of more to do: First uddeIM sends notifications that means you have to convert the escaped string back to an email compatible string and when you use encryption the text should not be escaped into an SQL query string with mysql_real_escape_string because it will never be converted back when I query the database.

So it is a design problem with CB. CB always escaped strings without knowing what happens with the string. In my opinion the plugin should decide if scaping is necessary because of writing into the database or not because of using the text in an email or something else...

But changing this behavior might break other modules so I try to decode mysql_real_escape_string before I use uddeIMs encryption function.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 3 months ago #55997 by alterna
Oupsss this becomes waayyyy too complicated for me ;) :blink: !!

Just for info, I do not use encryption in uddeim for now. Would it change something or should I just wait for you to come up with something ?

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn