Flood prevention

16 years 2 months ago #56543 by mediaguru
Flood prevention was created by mediaguru
A nice feature I'd like to see is flood control.

A back end feature which allows the admin to selected a specific amount of time between messages would be nice.

Many forums have something like this for searching and posting.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 months ago #56575 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Flood prevention
Well, uddeIM is not a forum, it is a PMS component, so people should be able to send messages to their friends. And when they send messages to 100 different people (e.g. organizing a party) this is ok (in a forum posting 100 messages would be spam indeed). In uddeIM 1.1 posting a larger group of people would be easier using contact lists in future.

Nevertheless I see the problem with communities where people register just to post spam. In uddeIM 1.1 you can enable Captcha spam protection for (un)registered users.

When you have a closed user group, spam is not a problem at all and you will enable contact lists and do not need flood prevention, in communities like Joomlapolis this feature might be useful for a very small group only (maybe special users or admins only) and I would not recommend to use it for all registered users, even when we have several anti spam and flood prevention systems implemented.

I have already an entry on the tracker, maybe it will be an option to let an user post only one message in a certain period of time, I have to think about it.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds