(SOLVED) email / popup settings

16 years 1 month ago #57931 by xenxes
(SOLVED) email / popup settings was created by xenxes
CB 1.1, uddeIM 1.0, Joomla 1.0.14

Did a fresh install of uddeIM 1.0 and PMs work fine however Settings do not seem to save in the frontend, i.e. email notifications and pop-up checkbox.

I checked the backend and clicking "User settings" gives me an empty list, I guess it makes sense that it's empty since it uses the CB user entries - keep thinking that something's missing? uddeIM Setting fields were not populated in the CB user table entry?

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/02/29 23:36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #57939 by slabbi
When a user visits his box the first time or a message is sent to him a new "settings entry" is created and shown in "user settings".

Nevertheless you can also create an entry manually using the "User settings" list in backend, e.g. when you want to prepare an account for an user.

So you will see the default settings in the backend AFTER a user has visited his mailbox the first time and the personal settings after an user has visits the "settings" formular in frontend.

Note that not all settings are saved the same time. When you switch on popups and press save only this setting is saved.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/02/29 23:38

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 1 month ago #57940 by xenxes
slabbi wrote:

When a user visits his box the first time or a message is sent to him a new "settings entry" is created and shown in "user settings".

Thanks for the quick response, I guess this would be the issue. No "Settings Entries" are ever created - when user visits box for the first time or when he receives/sends a message. Any ideas? :(

16 years 1 month ago #57941 by xenxes
Okay weird, I went into phpMyAdmin and looks like `it8t_uddeim_emn` is the right table entry...

with fields id userid status popup remindersent

Not sure why it's not showing up in the backend, guess I'll go take a look @ the php, so popup = '1' would be enabled right?

16 years 1 month ago #57970 by slabbi
Notifications etc. work fine, there is a small problem in the backend when you use a different table prefix.

You find a fixed admin.usersettings.php on Joomlacode in 1.0hotfix1:

joomlacode.org/gf/project/com_uddeim/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Freleases%2F

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn