Restrict user list to registered users

16 years 1 month ago #58976 by NCJECulver
Restrict user list to registered users was created by NCJECulver
I've got two links to UddeIM, one on the main menu, publically accessible, the other on the User menu, only available to registered/logged-in users.

What I'd like to be able to do is to restrict the public link to PMing the site admin only. I'm currently using (per the README) this URL:

index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&runame=admin

which opens a compose window, with "admin" filled in. However, the user list is still accessible on the right.

I could go into the UddeIM backend and disable the user list, but then it's not available to registered users, either.

Is there any way to make the drop-down user list available only to registered users?

CJ

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #58985 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Restrict user list to registered users
Actually there is no way to disable it completely. In uddeIM 1.1 it is possible to block certain groups to get emails from the public frontend. These users are not listed in the user list, e.g. when you allow sending mail to the superadmin only all other names are not listed in the user list. You can also suppress the "Show user" link for the public frontend.

But indeed it may be a nice feature to disable the userlist when called directly e.g. from a menu only. I add it to the tracker.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 1 month ago #59000 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Restrict user list to registered users
Well, this was quite easy to implement, so you find in in trunk, now.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 1 month ago #59773 by NCJECulver
Replied by NCJECulver on topic Re:Restrict user list to registered users
Forgot to say thanks!

But, being a newbie about SVNs, trunks and the like, I'll just wait for the 1.1 release.:)

CJ

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn