uddeIm Native mode

16 years 1 month ago #59195 by pvh
uddeIm Native mode was created by pvh
Hi all,

I have taken up the task to convert uddeIM to J! 1.5 native mode. The intention is, that when it finished and tested and regarded working, to give this back to Joomlapolis so that it can be made available to the community. Because this will take up time, is this a useful exercise or are you already further on the way with this execise?

Rgrds,
Pieter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #59200 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIm Native mode
As good as it sound to convert it to Joomla 1.5 native mode, there are some disadvantages: Currently I am adding lots of new features to uddeIM and there are still lots of changes on my todo list, so when you start to convert uddeIM on your own, these two branches will be definitely out of sync. I have also some plans for a major redesign when all of my ideas have been implemented. ;)

I have plans that uddeIM runs in native mode under J1.5 in future but currently it does not make any sense. The compatibility layer works fine and why shall I move all functions from the compatibility header into uddeIM? Just to say, hey its now running in native mode? Another problem is that there are still some bugs in Joomla 1.5 API so I wait until J1.5 has become grown-up.

The plan is that uddeIM will be compatible to J1.0 and J1.5 in future (there are still lots of J1.0 sites, think of all commercial sites which cannot upgrade immediately like a private site). And when you check the code you will find lots of functions which do already use native J1.5 functions when available.

My suggestion is to spend time on testing or to spend time on developing some new modules which will improve uddeIM. That would really help a lot.

E.g. I do still need an AJAX module for checking of new messages.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 1 month ago #59201 by pvh
Replied by pvh on topic Re:uddeIm Native mode
Thanks veru much for your response, slabbi.

Your arguments are too good for me to start work on the conversion.
You are quite right that at the moment it does work, but I really like to eliminate the use of the Legacy plugin. Anyway, I will do the testing etc.

Rgrds,
Pieter

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn