(SOLVED, not a bug) Bug

16 years 4 weeks ago #60007 by thoeri
(SOLVED, not a bug) Bug was created by thoeri
Hi

I got a DB error when installing the component. Sorry, but I cant remember it. But it did contain the welcome message. I also installed the CB tab. When clicking it I get this DB error message: SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'public' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO jos_uddeim_emn (status, popup, public, userid) VALUES (0, 0, 0, 62)
SQL =
INSERT INTO jos_uddeim_emn (status, popup, public, userid) VALUES (0, 0, 0, 62)

I hope this will be corrected in the next release. This is otherwise the best pms I have used. I had this since 0.5 vers. And also tried missus, clexus, mypms etc.

I really do miss one thing very very much. In missus one get a menu button for the pms in the page top (beside the other buttons). In missus there is a drop down with Write new, inbox etc. That's so great! And if going to, for example, the inbox there is another button in the missus meny with the link "Back to profile page". This I REALLY think you should add to Udde IM. Then it will be unbeatable.

Thanks a lot for a great, great component and best regards,
thoeri

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/03/29 23:56

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 weeks ago #60008 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Bug
CHECK THE README!

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 4 weeks ago #60048 by thoeri
Replied by thoeri on topic Re:Bug
Hi

Sorry that I missed that. I was just too eager;-)

What do you think about my suggestion - to make a button in the CB menu that has a dropdown for compose, inbox, outbox, trash and settings. Like Missus.

Is that somehow possible?

Best regards,
Thoeri

16 years 4 weeks ago #60052 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Bug
I am not the author of CB ;)

You can use the mod_uddeim_mailbox module for that purpose. Publish the module on the profile page.

If you can code a little bit you can use plug_uddem_inbox as a template/framework and move the code from the mailbox module in it.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 4 weeks ago #60058 by thoeri
Replied by thoeri on topic Re:Bug
I do not think that the maker of Missus is a cb developer ;-) It is just a plugin. A very smart and useful one. Yes, one can use the mailbox module but that is by far a worse solution. Have a look at for examle joomlame.com to see how nice it integrates with the profile page. With a mailbox menu in the profile page everything is collected on the profile page itself. To use a module I have a find a module position for it. This I can't since I use the whole page width for the cb profile. I do not want to take the space for a whole column. And it does not look good to publich the module above or belove the profile page.

Unfortunately I am not a programmer but I do not see how the plug_uddeim_inbox would be the same. It does not have: compose, inbox, outbox, trash, settings - just an inbox.

I am sorry that you don't see the advantage of the missus solution. Otherwise it would be the ideal pms solution for everyone.
Edit: After reading this a second time I realize that it sounds ungrateful and harsch. I am sorry for that. That is not my intention. I am very grateful for all the time and effort you put into this very nice component. And sharing it with the rest of us for free. You are great!
:End edit

Best regards,
Thomas

Post edited by: thoeri, at: 2008/03/30 20:34

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn