Removing BB code tags from auto connections mail

16 years 2 weeks ago #60912 by gkhine
Hello Everyone,

I am new to cb and have run into a little problem which I hope someone might have an answer for.

Basically, I would like to disable the use of bb code in the user interface. I see there is a setting to do so in the uddeIM configuration.

However when I do this the email that gets sent to the people connecting (and I imagine this might be the case elsewhere as well) contains bb code tags like etc.

I would like if possible for the urls to show up normally, ie only the linked title text, and not the full url itself.

One workaround I was thinking could be just to somehow comment out the bb code tag part of the messaging interface, but let the system parse it anyhow.

I am not a coder, so i really am a bit lost...Anybody have any ideas that I could try? Please let me know which files I would need to edit, as I just don't know where things are in cb.

I am using joomla 1.0.15 with cb 1.1 and uddeIM 1.1
Thanks in advance for any help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 weeks ago #60913 by slabbi
uddeIM has nothing to do with these emails. Don't know if it is CB itself or the pms plugin which writes the PMS directly into uddeIMs database.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 2 weeks ago #60943 by gkhine
Thanks mate for the quick reply, I guess I should post this in the main CB forum? If anybody else knows which files I should be looking at please let me know ;) Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn