=========================================================
maintainer for Tranditional Chinese language files of CB
www.whichworkstation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 weeks ago #61056 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:traditional Chinese utf-8 for uddeIM 1.1
Hi, thanks.

But before I add this to the package I have some questions:

I already have a translation for 1.0 done by baijianpeng (simplified and traditional). And an updated simplified one for 1.1 by Eric Cheng.

Your traditional file is a little bit different from the existing ones, e.g. in the existing ones the months numbers are not translated but the weekdays are, and in yours it is vice versa.

It also seems that some strings are different from the existing files. Since I cannot read chineese I cannot decide which translation is "better" or more complete.

Maybe you or baijianpeng can give me some help here...

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 2 weeks ago #61121 by which
slabbi wrote:

Hi, thanks.

But before I add this to the package I have some questions:

I already have a translation for 1.0 done by baijianpeng (simplified and traditional). And an updated simplified one for 1.1 by Eric Cheng.

Your traditional file is a little bit different from the existing ones, e.g. in the existing ones the months numbers are not translated but the weekdays are, and in yours it is vice versa.

It also seems that some strings are different from the existing files. Since I cannot read chineese I cannot decide which translation is "better" or more complete.

Maybe you or baijianpeng can give me some help here...

sorry for this complicated situation
since uddeIM 0.5 , i have translated uddeIM but due to too busy to finish the file. so i used to use the traditional Chinese file included .
but i am not satisfied with the quality of the translated version. so i try to translate to fit my wish. I am not saying that baijianpeng's version is not that good. I know i can translate better. and we do have some stander rules to translate English to traditional Chinese. e.g. weekdays- i translated the long name but not the short name. we do use the short name in our normal life, like sun. mon. etc. since 1.1, i also found that some old strings have been changed. so i changed to fit the english version.
besides, uddeIM is highly integrate with CB, i am a CB's translator so i think i have the responsibility to translate uddeIM too.
I am trying to provide a alternative translation. not to fight with the exist.

=========================================================
maintainer for Tranditional Chinese language files of CB
www.whichworkstation.com

16 years 2 weeks ago #61140 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:traditional Chinese utf-8 for uddeIM 1.1
Nice, could you send me both "simple" and "traditional" language files to ssl(at)gmx.de please?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn