PM Notification Pop Up window

18 years 2 months ago #6319 by motohero
PM Notification Pop Up window was created by motohero
Hi. Ben - excellent work my friend. Im still running on 0.4c, after reading the long 0.5 thread, i dont feel like the hassle to hack a bunch of files to make it work. But I will get around to it.

Is it possible, either in CB or uddeIM, to pop up a message to a user after they log in informing them that they have new messages? this to me would bea much less hassle than sending out an email notification everytime.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #6366 by benjamin
Replied by benjamin on topic Re:PM Notification Pop Up window
Hi,

motohero wrote:

Hi. Ben - excellent work my friend. Im still running on 0.4c, after reading the long 0.5 thread, i dont feel like the hassle to hack a bunch of files to make it work. But I will get around to it.

You do not need to hack any file to make it work. Just install it and it will run fine if 0.4c runs fine.

Is it possible, either in CB or uddeIM, to pop up a message to a user after they log in informing them that they have new messages? this to me would bea much less hassle than sending out an email notification everytime.

E-mail notifications are of course completely optional. To the webmaster who can shut down the whole e-mail notification system, and to the user who can decide whether (s)he wants e-mails on new messages or not.

Yes, popup notifications are of course possible, but not yet implemented afaik. If you want them after login, you have to hack CB, or rather write a CB plugin that gets executed after succesful login.

However, since most users have popup blockers, you would have to go for a CSS popup. (IMHO, It's just a question of time until working popup blockers for CSS popups will be develeoped as well.)

18 years 2 months ago #6373 by motohero
Replied by motohero on topic Re:PM Notification Pop Up window
thanks for the response ben. what do you suggest as the best way for notification?

18 years 2 months ago #6382 by benjamin
Options are the cblogin module used on this site (upper left) or the module that comes with uddeIM (that includes the first words of a new message). Have you tried them?

18 years 2 months ago #6450 by motohero
Replied by motohero on topic Re:PM Notification Pop Up window
this might be a little bit off topic, but im actually running 0.5b, however, i got 0.4.c from the admin panel for uddeim component. is this normal?

18 years 2 months ago #6476 by benjamin
Go to admin, save the config, and check again.

If it still says 0.4c then, you have the wrong admin installed which might cause problems.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn