Public user/UddeIM TAB question(s)

15 years 11 months ago #63328 by robinstl
Public user/UddeIM TAB question(s) was created by robinstl
Hi everyone,

Wanted to start off by saying how much I like this component. I've been testing it every which way and it works and looks great.

The only problem I have is the person I'm making the site for absolutely insists on allowing public users to send instant messages via another user's profile like a registered user can.

I explained that they could do so from a frontend link but that's not good enough for him.

I saw in the readme file that this wasn't built in but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to to hack it into working OR using other Joomla/Community Builder methods/tricks so I could put a link to 'Instant Message User' in a custom tabbed pane?

I thought of doing that with just a static link to the messenger but you still have to choose the user from a list. I'd like it to send the message directly to the person who's profile they're viewing.

Thanks for any input :)

Rob Faulkner

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #63341 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Public user/UddeIM TAB question(s)
Currently the existing CB pms plugin does not allow this. The public front end is very unique (uddeIM is the only PMS that offers this feature) and requires some special handling. So from the profile there is currently no way to do this.

You can use the link when you can have the possibility to pass an userid, username or realname to the component so the user must not select a user. Optionally you can switch off the user listbox with a second parameter. Please refer to the README (somewhere in the appendix) what these parameters are.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 11 months ago #63417 by robinstl
Replied by robinstl on topic Re:Public user/UddeIM TAB question(s)
Hi slabbi,

Thanks for the quick response. I was 99% certain of the answer but thought I'd give it a shot.

In the meantime I think I've convinced the client that it's a bad idea to have this anyway.

Thanks again :)

Rob Faulkner

15 years 10 months ago #68399 by mrocks
Replied by mrocks on topic Re:Public user/UddeIM TAB question(s)
slabbi wrote:

Currently the existing CB pms plugin does not allow this. The public front end is very unique (uddeIM is the only PMS that offers this feature) and requires some special handling. So from the profile there is currently no way to do this.

You can use the link when you can have the possibility to pass an userid, username or realname to the component so the user must not select a user. Optionally you can switch off the user listbox with a second parameter. Please refer to the README (somewhere in the appendix) what these parameters are.

Hello slabbi,

I tried to digg appendix, but failed to find so...
It will be great if you can advice where to provide the link(while passing the parameter) and how to disable the list box....

TO summarize: Since quick message doesnt show for public user, instead of that a link should be shown which on clicked opens the compose box to send message to the registered user....

Thanks in advance

15 years 10 months ago #68400 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Public user/UddeIM TAB question(s)
[code:1]====================================================================================================
APPENDIX E - Important links
====================================================================================================

- Call settings dialog when "show settings" is off in backend (no menu link is shown in uddeIM).
http://yoursite/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=settings

- Open new message dialog to user with userid XX:
http://yoursite/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&recip=XX [&nouserlist=Y]

Open new message dialog to user with username XX (this is independent from realname/username setting):
http://yoursite/index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=new&runame=XX [&nouserlist=Y]
when a user with username XX does not exist, XX is used untranslated in the input field, so you can also
use "name 1,name 2" or "#userlist" as parameter (note: multiple recipients feature do not work with SEF).

'nouserlist' parameter (optional):
1 = suppress user list, 2 = suppress connection list, 3 = suppress both lists
add +4 when the TO field should be disabled
e.g. 4 = disable TO field only, 5 = suppress user list AND disable TO field, and so on
[/code:1]

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 10 months ago #68402 by mrocks
Replied by mrocks on topic Re:Public user/UddeIM TAB question(s)
slabbi wrote:

Hello slabbi,

I tried to digg appendix, but failed to find so...
It will be great if you can advice where to provide the link(while passing the parameter) and how to disable the list box....

TO summarize: Since quick message doesnt show for public user, instead of that a link should be shown which on clicked opens the compose box to send message to the registered user....

Thanks in advance

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn