Install Package not found

15 years 11 months ago #63365 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Install Package not found
radopod wrote:

Also I tried uploading the package to a directory. This is the first time that I am trying this method. I uploaded the files here

administrator/components/com_installer/components

And entered the same message in the 'Install from directory' Dialog box. The error this time is

Please enter a package directory

I am not very sure about the relative paths that are used in this method. Therefore help would be appreciated.

Do not upload the files there. Upload files to tmp or media or in another directory which has chmod 777.

Have you checked if the archive is ok? Maybe it has been corrupted? Check if there is an XML file inside and that is unpacks fine.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #63366 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Install Package not found
I am sorry, then you can only try to upload first and to install from there.

I have removed several templates in past from uddeIM 1.1 because it seems that some hoster have not very reliable servers. You can try to remove the default template (don't forget to remove it from the XML), but thats all you can do.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 11 months ago #63367 by radopod
Replied by radopod on topic Re:Install Package not found
Thanks for the prompt replies sir.

I have some update on the issue. I opened the xml file. It seemed fine with a size of 15.3 KB.

After your advice I uploaded the file to a 'uddeim' folder in the root directory. I must mention here that the files are uploaded in a folder titled 'htdocs'.

So as far as what I see in the FTP client it is

ieee.radopod.com/htdocs/uddeim/

The website itself and its files are also located in the htdocs folder.

What I am confused about the paths that I should enter in the Upload from directory dialog box?!

Plus how does one use the third option that is install from URL as that should work too after all the Uploading of file would be avoided by that method!

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn