where to change memory limitation for import?

15 years 11 months ago #63858 by KurtSteiner
Goodmorning Joomlapolis ;-)

I have took a look on uddeim 1.1 and have to say it made a real big step forward since i checked it before (using realnames is a must for my site) i like it and will migrate. :kiss: fantastic is the import of my existing 11.000 mails from pms enhanced 2.x :woohoo:

testing this import function on my both testing clones (php4+5) results in this memory:

[code:1]Nachrichten werden importiert. Bitte warten.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65520 bytes) in /srv.../includes/database.php on line 502[/code:1]

My question:

in which file will i find the memory limitation?
I would like to extend this (only for the import)?
:)

And a feature wish for further versions:
Not to import all existing mails at once - this component is such feature rich AND pretty that other productive sites (with existing mails) will migrate too.B)

Post edited by: KurtSteiner, at: 2008/05/29 08:49

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #63866 by slabbi
The memory limitation has to be changed in PHP.ini. It seems that your configuration does only allow 32MB.

Currently I read all messages at once and write them back step by step. This consumes some memory of course but reading step by step all messages will need lots of more time and might exceed the time limitation of your server.

Maybe you can modify the code in admin.uddeim.php so the SQL statement limits the number of messages (e.g. "WHERE id>=10000 AND id<15000" -> imports 5000 messages only). After importing, modify the code again and repeat until all messages have been imported (don't forget to set "pmsimportdone=0" in the config file so the import tab allows the call the import again).

Not very convenient but works and must be done only once.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 11 months ago #63867 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:where to change memory limitation for import?
Hello Slabbi (?)

many thanks for your quick and helpfull reply - i will try both...

btw.
i dived into some uddeIM php files and was deeply IMPRESSED by your structured work! i found tons of comment line explaning what you are doing :woohoo:

(i dont understand php anyway :whistle: )

I guess you must be german:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn