Multi-lingual site issue

15 years 10 months ago #67385 by kevincam
Multi-lingual site issue was created by kevincam
I noticed that some parameters are stored in the file config.class.php

$sysm_username = 'System Message';
$emn_sendername = 'BrazilSpots.com Messaging';
$showtitle = 'Private Messages';

etc.

any way to get these into the database or language files so they can be translated, I use joomfish. I also noticed that some other text is not translating like:

*Settings
*Sent messages will stay in the outbox for 365 days max. before being erased automatically.
*Create new contact list
etc.

Any idea why not. I'm using joomla 1.5.3, uddeIM 1.1 with both hot fixes.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #67398 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Multi-lingual site issue
kevincam wrote:

I noticed that some parameters are stored in the file config.class.php

$sysm_username = 'System Message';
$emn_sendername = 'BrazilSpots.com Messaging';
$showtitle = 'Private Messages';

Thats correct since the user should be able to set these parameters very easy. It does not make sense to move the title into the language file since this file is updated regulary.

kevincam wrote:

any way to get these into the database or language files so they can be translated, I use joomfish. I also noticed that some other text is not translating like:

*Settings
*Sent messages will stay in the outbox for 365 days max. before being erased automatically.
*Create new contact list
etc.

Any idea why not. I'm using joomla 1.5.3, uddeIM 1.1 with both hot fixes.

No, I have no idea. These parameters are stored in the language file but maybe joomfish is not able to find the correct language file or is not able too handle UTF-8 encoded language files. Don't know.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 10 months ago #67408 by kevincam
Replied by kevincam on topic Re:Multi-lingual site issue
1. I understand that "the user should be able to set these parameters very easy. It does not make sense to move the title into the language file since this file is updated regulary."
But then that means that as long as that is true this app will never be able to be multi-lingual unless you have another suggestion to solve this problem?

2. "maybe joomfish is not able to find the correct language file or is not able too handle UTF-8 encoded language files"
The only thing that makes me think this is not the problem is that it translates most of the things correctly and the accents display correctly and almost everything is encoded in UTF-8 on the site so it can handle it.

I just didn't know if there was any desire to make the app multi-lingual

15 years 10 months ago #67426 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Multi-lingual site issue
uddeIM comes with 25 language files ;) When you can explain what Joomfish requires in order to be "multi-lingual" I will implement it.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 10 months ago #67467 by kevincam
Replied by kevincam on topic Re:Multi-lingual site issue
The only requirement for Joomfish is that all the language information be stored in the database somewhere, right now it's in a language file.

more detail info is here:
www.joomfish.net/en/documentation/developer-docs

Post edited by: kevincam, at: 2008/07/05 20:55

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn