Error

Please login first

Loss of information / Message Lenth

15 years 9 months ago #69420 by shiva.xxl
Loss of information / Message Lenth was created by shiva.xxl
uddeIM 1.0/2007-02-01

Users of our forum reported loss of complete text as the exceed the length of the message of 5000 characters. I tried myself and it is true. As the counter gets to 0 "zero" everything is gone...

I tried to set the "Message maximum length" to 0 but then no input at all is possible in the Message field. It seems as well that no number bigger than 9999 is allowed.

Here are my questions:
Is there a way to disable the transfer of the previous messages to the Reply field, becaus this causes very often the low count, or at least crop the "Reply" to a small number of characters.

Or is there a work around for the general failure of the counter?

Thank you in advance!

Ber t

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #69518 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Loss of information / Message Lenth
For your first problem see:

dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/blob.html

The maximum size of a BLOB or TEXT object is determined by its type, but the largest value you actually can transmit between the client and server is determined by the amount of available memory and the size of the communications buffers. You can change the message buffer size by changing the value of the max_allowed_packet variable, but you must do so for both the server and your client program. For example, both mysql and mysqldump allow you to change the client-side max_allowed_packet value.

The "0" problem is actually a bug. You can enter "0" in max text length but disable the text counter then (it does not make any sense at all in this case).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn