editor problem in registration

17 years 10 months ago #14568 by ffaabbss
editor problem in registration was created by ffaabbss
HI all!

I have a editor text area field in my registration form. the problem is, that the editor doesn't show up, just the field.. you need to be logged in to be able to use the editor, although the editorbot is set to "public".. i have tried with tiny mce and with JCE... In the JCE however i cannot even set the plugins for the editor to public in the component...

can anybody help me!
thx
Fabs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #14610 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:editor problem in registration
ffaabbss wrote:

HI all!

I have a editor text area field in my registration form. the problem is, that the editor doesn't show up, just the field.. you need to be logged in to be able to use the editor, although the editorbot is set to "public".. i have tried with tiny mce and with JCE... In the JCE however i cannot even set the plugins for the editor to public in the component...

can anybody help me!
thx
Fabs

You will have to edit the index.php file of your template, yup...no other ways.

Most templates don't load editor for not-logged-in guests. You will find usually a if ($my->id) statement to remove with the corresponding brackets { }....

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 10 months ago #14642 by ffaabbss
Replied by ffaabbss on topic Re:editor problem in registration
ok-- will see if i can find that an get back here if not. thx beat

addition1:
ok found it
<?php if ( $my->id ) initEditor(); ?>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; <?php echo _ISO; ?>" />

do i need to romave the first line only or the two lines?

addition2:
i removed bth lines from my index.php
still the editor does not appear in registration...:( any more ideas?

addition 3: not only does the editor not appear for not logged in users, it doesn't appear at all anymore when removing those two lines...

how would icorrectly change that code in the templates index.php to make the editor show for non registered users?

thx
fabs

Post edited by: ffaabbss, at: 2006/06/07 17:31

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn