Using profile page in a different way(?)

17 years 10 months ago #15126 by sixfootmonkey
Using profile page in a different way(?) was created by sixfootmonkey
Hi there. I have just downloaded and installed CB on advice and its great - so thank you.

Let me explain my situation, as I would like to know whether its possible for me to utilise CB in a slightly different way than perhaps intended.

The client has asked me to build a site promoting the skills of 15 different artists in a collective. Each artist is to have their own profile, and they would like to have the ability to edit their profiles at will, with little web-fu knowledge.

CB provides the basic set up I need, but rather than having it create profiles for a dynamic community, it will rather be creating profiles that must be visible by all visitors to the site and editable by those people whose profiles they are.

So what do you think, can CB do this for me?

Again, just to break it down:

Profiles must be viewable by all visitors, as there will be no function (as there is no need) for visitors to join the site.

There's a few more complications if/when that first one is dealt with:
* These profiles would ideally be able to categorized into sections and categories (for instance "Profiles">>"Graphic Designers">>"Fred") and accessible through a typical Joomla menu system.
* Each profile would ideally have the capability of linking to a) a video portfolio and b) a PDF resume. These functions would ideally be as automated as possible so that the profilees do not have to code in order to create these links.

Ok I realise thats a huge thing and probably less specific than is preferred, but if anyone can start me out in the right direction even, I would be incredibly grateful.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15145 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Using profile page in a different way(?)
What you want to do should be easy. Just give your members a login page that isn't seen by the public or found easily. On the main page of the site you can unpublish or hide any login info for visitors.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn