Modifying Community Builder

15 years 10 months ago #67058 by Teonnyn
Modifying Community Builder was created by Teonnyn
I would like to perform some extensive modifications to Community Builder, namely the User Profile Page. What I'd like to do is this: Completely redesign the profile page to a smoother layout matching the website, and add a few new fields directly to it.

I would also like to to modify the User Listing page a bit, adding the same fields and converting it to a "Leaderboard" of sorts.

If this is okay, where should I start looking in the code?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #67070 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Modifying Community Builder
Instead of looking into code, I would suggest to use CB 1.2 RC 2 and then use delimiter fields and replacement tags, and also use the 81 new profile positions as well as flexibility in users-lists of CB 1.2 RC 2.

You might end up doing what you wanted without having to edit.

Also CB 1.2 has a new rendering engine, so your mods of previous CB versions won't fit the new CB and you will be "stuck with your mods".

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #67078 by Teonnyn
Replied by Teonnyn on topic Re:Modifying Community Builder
beat, I need the system to read variables from a mySQL database for each user. Can that be done with CB 1.2 RC2? And if so, how stable is RC2?

15 years 10 months ago #67374 by Teonnyn
Replied by Teonnyn on topic Re:Modifying Community Builder
Anyone? Minor optional bump, been a few days with no answer. :)

15 years 10 months ago #67437 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Modifying Community Builder
CB 1.2 RC 2 seems at first glance even more stable than CB 1.1, but we need some more time to get sure of this.

replacement tags will give you access to all jos_users and jos_comprofiler columns for each user, in profile and users-lists.

Otherwise if you are talking from mysql, those are the tables holding user information (linked by id).

Ps. no need to bump, i can't spend all my time in forums !

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn