Mamblog editor

16 years 9 months ago #41367 by canuck123
Mamblog editor was created by canuck123
I am using Mamblog as a component within CB and would like to know how to change the very basic Mamblog default editor to a WYSIWYG editor ?

Thanks ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #41740 by wingflap
Replied by wingflap on topic Re:Mamblog editor
It's not a CB Plugin issue. It's a Joomla/Mamblog congifuration issue. You set your Mamblog editor to the default Joomla editor and set our default Joomla editor to TinyMCE (or whatever WYSIWYG editor you are using).

There seems to have been little to no development activity for Mamblog in quite some time.

There's an faq someone posted about image/media uploads via Mamblog, but I'd be careful. The hack removes the html scrubbing code put in for security reasons.

I am the Wingflap. Goo Goo G'Joob!<br>

How comfortable are you? Visit www.comfortometer.com

16 years 9 months ago #41744 by canuck123
Replied by canuck123 on topic Re:Mamblog editor
wingflap wrote:

It's not a CB Plugin issue. It's a Joomla/Mamblog congifuration issue. You set your Mamblog editor to the default Joomla editor and set our default Joomla editor to TinyMCE (or whatever WYSIWYG editor you are using).

There seems to have been little to no development activity for Mamblog in quite some time.

There's an faq someone posted about image/media uploads via Mamblog, but I'd be careful. The hack removes the html scrubbing code put in for security reasons.

Thanks for the reply. The only choices I have in the Mamblog config is default mamblog editor or no editor. Would you know how can I add a third party editor like TinyMCE?

Steve ;)

16 years 9 months ago #41816 by wingflap
Replied by wingflap on topic Re:Mamblog editor
In you Joomla General Admin, in the Site tab, for Default WYSIWYG Editor, select TinyMCE WYSIWYG Editor from the dropdown. That sets your Joomla default editor to the TinyMCE. Then in Mamblog config, set it to use the Mambo Default Editor.

I'm using:
Joomla 1.0.12
Mamblog 1.0
CB 1.0.2
Mamblog CB Plugin

I am the Wingflap. Goo Goo G'Joob!<br>

How comfortable are you? Visit www.comfortometer.com

16 years 9 months ago #41827 by canuck123
Replied by canuck123 on topic Re:Mamblog editor
Got it ! Thanks. ;)