cb tabbed interface disappears completely in IE

17 years 7 months ago #21978 by disorganized
Hi everyone,

Here's an odd one for you. When useing CB with Firefox, everything is great, no problems what so ever.

However in SOME user's IE, not everyone, when they click on a tab in any CB profile, the entire tabbed interface, with all of the tabs on it, disappears completely. I myself was unable to reproduce this until I tried it on a friend's computer. So it's not everyone that it is doing it to.

Here's my joomla/cb info:

PHP built On: Linux dime24.dizinc.com 2.4.26-ow3 #2 SMP Fri Nov 26 23:47:13 EST 2004 i686
Database Version: 4.1.21-standard
PHP Version: 4.4.4
Web Server: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
WebServer to PHP interface: apache
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.11 Stable [ Sunbow ] 28 August 2006 20:00 UTC

Joomla! Register Globals Emulation: ON
Register Globals: ON
Magic Quotes: ON
Safe Mode: OFF
File Uploads: ON
Session auto start: OFF
Session save path: /tmp
Short Open Tags: ON
Output Buffering: OFF
Open basedir: /home/twisted/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp
Display Errors: ON
XML enabled: Yes
Zlib enabled: Yes
Disabled Functions: dl

And ya, I know the PHP globals is a bad thing. The ISP hosting this site doesn't give me access to change it.

Anyway, Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Disorganized

Post edited by: disorganized, at: 2006/10/04 01:12

Post edited by: disorganized, at: 2006/10/04 02:57

Post edited by: disorganized, at: 2006/10/04 02:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #21983 by mattioi
I think it has to do with the CSS and float align stuff. On mine it like shifts it to the corner of hte screen.

17 years 7 months ago #21984 by disorganized
Replied by disorganized on topic Re:cb tabbed interface disappears completely in IE
Yeah, I've seen that happen on my IE as well. but after a second or two it situates itself, and is ok.

I wonder what the difference is between my IE, where the tabs don't disappear, and the IE of the users with the problem, in which the tabs and interface do disappear.

Has anyone else out there had these issues?

17 years 6 months ago #23321 by Ionabear
I am bumping this as I really hope that there is a fix for this, as I am having the same problems.

Both with the interface jumping around for a few seconds (enough to be seriously annoying) annd then with the whole interface disappearing. I know this is a IE problem (damn them! lol!) but it's just a serious icky on my site and looks really bad to have this very broken interface for some users.

I'm sure that there must be a simple fix for this. Any of you smarties out there care to share? Please?

I will dedicate my next fallen eyelash wish to whatever it is that you desire, in exchange for a fix for this....

Best,
Iona

(PS If any one who stumbles upon this also knows how to get the User List to display the "usernames" instead of "real names" there is a dedicated eyelash wish in it for your genius self as well!)

17 years 6 months ago #24163 by beat
can i have following infos please:

- cb template used ?

- ie version ?

- JS on ?

- screenshots ?

- any js error logs ?

- same problem with default joomla template ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 3 months ago #29984 by mattioi

Joomla! 1.0.12 Stable
Community Builder Team : 1.0.2
Windows XP sp2
IE 6
Template: Rockettheme.com - Versatility

Thanks,

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn