Delete/Change Field fails in Field Management

17 years 4 months ago #27833 by ehrichweiss
I hope this hasn't already been answered but I searched and couldn't easily find any reference to this. I know I could find and fix this if I had to but I'm wondering if someone already has so I can spend my time more wisely.

When I enter the Field Management on the backend, I can add new fields with no problem but have problems updating and deleting fields. When deleting them I get the confirmation dialog but when it returns, the field is still there. When updating, it duplicates the previous records and it MAY add the newly added fields but not sure there(there were too many for me to check when this happened).

I'm guessing it's an INSERT instead of an UPDATE in the latter case and I'm guessing that the former is a bad mysql query or the like.

Any ideas?

I can do it via MyPHPAdmin but would rather not if I don't have to.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #42221 by wixenstyx
Replied by wixenstyx on topic Re:Delete/Change Field fails in Field Management
I've run into this too.

Strangely, I can delete 'text area' fields, but not 'checkbox' fields. This is particularly frustrating, because the most common mistake I seem to make while setting these up is forgetting to select a field type in the top box, which means it defaults to checkbox.

Since no one has replied, I guess I'll be going in through MyPHPAdmin to correct this by hand, but I sure wish it wasn't happening.

Otherwise, I couldn't be more thrilled with CB.

16 years 9 months ago #42222 by beat
Just tested this and it seems that CB 1.1 will fix this bug.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn