Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2, Login Problem

17 years 1 month ago #35301 by emtcityusa
Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2, Login Problem was created by emtcityusa
I am not really sure if this is a Joomla/CB bug or just a problem with my hosting provider.

My current setup is:

Siteground hosting provider
Joomla 1.0.12 (installed via cpanel fantastico)
CB 1.0.2 installed
All logins and registrations are handled through CB

I am having problems logging into my site. When I enter my username and password and click login. It takes me back to the main page and the login box still appears. This continues to happen but when I click on another area of the site, it finally shows me as logged into the site.

Why is it doing this? I have tried removing and reinstalling mod_cblogin with no luck in fixing this issue.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I also hear siteground isn't a very good host. Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thank You

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #35328 by oosorio
Replied by oosorio on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2, Login Problem
I'm having the same problem...

Somebody Help us T.T

17 years 1 month ago #35344 by emtcityusa
Replied by emtcityusa on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2, Login Problem
So I think I have fixed this problem thanks to the help of one of my staff members.

The login issue looks like it has something to do with the URL you are typing to access the site. I noticed last night that this issue occurs only when I access my site using www.domain.com. but when I click on a link it switches to domain.com and it shows me logged in.

When I installed Joomla, the url defaulted to domain.com I never had a login problem when I accessed my site with domain.com

Since most of my members are used to typing www.domain.com to get to my site. I just went into my configuration.php file and changed the livesite property from domain.com to www.domain.com. The issue no longer exists on my site

Let me know if that works for you.

17 years 1 month ago #35538 by oosorio
Replied by oosorio on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2, Login Problem
Thanks Man!!

That's was my problem ^^

Now my this is perfect!

Bye and THANKS!!! A LOT!!!

17 years 1 month ago #35557 by ipokkel
Replied by ipokkel on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2, Login Problem
I also have the problem ... but .. it doesn't matter whether I use www.domain.com or domain.com the problem persists. It did work until I added an avatar for my user. Now when I try to go to my profile page when logged in I get the not authorised message.

It also doesn't allow me to log-out, I have to enter the backend administration, log in as the super admin (diff usr name) and log out the usr from there.

Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2
All logins and registrations are handled through CB

Any suggestions?

Post edited by: ipokkel, at: 2007/04/12 10:19

16 years 10 months ago #40111 by dorvax
Replied by dorvax on topic Re:Joomla 1.0.12, CB 1.0.2, Login Problem
The problem it's a bug in CB 1.0.2, I was Used the Cb 1.0.0 & everything work's.... but later when I installed CB 1.0.2 I can't login on my site, if somebody know how o repair it please help me

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn