CB login -> does not logout automatically in IE7 ?

17 years 2 days ago #37875 by hhtmp88
Dear all,

I currently using "CB login module" to log into Joomla frontend,

but... it does NOT logout automatically in IE7, even after a day's later (note, it does log out in Firefox 2.0!).

Any idea, what's wrong?
Or am I missed to set something?

Thanks for any kinds of help!

Rgds,

JMY(晉明夷)
hnLifekb.org/en/Main_Page -- Contribute to Save the Planet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 days ago #37885 by beat
can you or somebody else reproduce and/or confirm with another computer ?

How does it happen with joomla login module on your computer and IE7 ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 11 months ago #38064 by christoph_schram
Replied by christoph_schram on topic Re:CB login -> does not logout automatically in IE
I guess we have a problem which might be the same issue.
Look at this. It also happens only if we try to logout in IE (6, 5.5) but it doesn't happen with Firefox.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,29/id,37534/#37534

16 years 11 months ago #38078 by hhtmp88
My case is a little bit different from christoph_schram's in that:
-- I am using IE7, instead of IE6 or IE5
-- I don't have smf installed
-- I can logout "CB login" if I manually do so! => but it does not logout automatically after time-out!

I am not sure, but... Chris... you need to click the "logout" twice!
-> one time in the "CB login"
-> then another one the main content area.

Rgds,

JMY(晉明夷)
hnLifekb.org/en/Main_Page -- Contribute to Save the Planet

16 years 11 months ago #38114 by christoph_schram
Replied by christoph_schram on topic Re:CB login -> does not logout automatically in IE
Hi,

i also don't have SMF installed.

I have as Logout URL set index.php So after Logout i should be redirected to the homepage.

If i click on logout i'm logged out from CB (so it shows the login box again). Then i have the cache problem, that if i clicke on a link i get the whole navigation structure which only registered users have.

Why should i use the Joomla logout also? In my understanding the CB login/logout procedure should replace the Joomla login/logout procedure. Or did i misunderstand something???

16 years 11 months ago #38143 by beat
christoph_schram wrote:

Hi,

i also don't have SMF installed.

I have as Logout URL set index.php So after Logout i should be redirected to the homepage.

If i click on logout i'm logged out from CB (so it shows the login box again). Then i have the cache problem, that if i clicke on a link i get the whole navigation structure which only registered users have.

Why should i use the Joomla logout also? In my understanding the CB login/logout procedure should replace the Joomla login/logout procedure. Or did i misunderstand something???

1) what happens if you hit refresh ?
2) isn't your template changing the caching your pages ?
3) which joomla version ?

I tried both in IE 6 XP and IE7 Vista, and couldn't reproduce. I also tried ticking remember-me, then logging out then logging back in, all with CB, and all worked fine... :blink:

In both browsers and OS it logged out fine, and I was auto-logged off after session expiry time, as set in global site config (I lowered it to 90 secs for the test).

Can you also please pm me url of site with problem with a normal registered test-user login and info of your session-time setting in backend site global configuration ?

Thanks,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn