(SOLVED) - Log in wont work in IE, cookies?

16 years 10 months ago #40077 by rina123
Hi, we have that logging in problem others have spoken about too. (EDIT: I meant to post this as a reply but must have clicked the wrong button - sorry!)

We have a site with a long address like this:

adifferentsite.com/joomla/index.php

We bought a domain name to point to the site like this:

mysite.se

That name shows all the time at the top, so it acts almost like a frame situation.

In IE it works to log in with the long adress, but not with the short one! (Works fine in firefox either way)

So when one tries to log in with IE 6 and 7, the page just seems to refresh without any of the user menus appearing. But one can see from the backend that the user is logged in.

Playing around with the internet option settings in IE, we found that if you draw down the slider on the 'Privacy' tab to the lowest level, it then works to log in.

So that means this must be a cookies issue, right?
Any advice what to do?

This site is due to be launched like, yesterday.. so pretty urgent :)

Thanks for a great component.

Regards,
Rebecca

Post edited by: rina123, at: 2007/06/25 15:50

Post edited by: rina123, at: 2007/06/25 15:52

PROBLEM SOLVED!
Ok I fixed this by going into the CB login module settings (Site modules -> cblogin) and under the 'redirect after loggin in' field, I put the full address to the front page (adifferentsite.com/joomla/index.php). And now it works to log in, the user menus appear, and the short address still shows in the adress field B)

Post edited by: rina123, at: 2007/06/25 16:20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn