Filtered List Navigation Problem

16 years 10 months ago #40210 by bascherz
Filtered List Navigation Problem was created by bascherz
I don't know if this is a general problem with CB, but it stands to reason that it is. Right here on Joomlapolis.com, I just selected "All Members" on the CB Lists page. I was looking for a particular user and entered "fred" in the search box. The first page of matching users was displayed and the navigation bar indicated there were two additional pages. When I clicked on the links for either of the two other pages, next, or end it took me to the beginning of the full list, unfiltered. The search box no longer contained the word "fred". It appears that the search terms are being dropped when the navigation links are clicked.

I have no idea if this is new to v1.0.2 or if it existed in prior versions. I don't believe this happens on any of my sites, but it happens right here. I thought it was worth posting a note. I have read that turning RG and RG emulation off can cause weird problems with navigation. So if this site has RG completely disabled, that might be at the root of the problem.

Cheers!
Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #45667 by jkannisto
Replied by jkannisto on topic Re:Filtered List Navigation Problem
I'm having this exact problem with CB 1.0.2

I first thought that it's a problem with the code modifications I made for additional searchbox (Sort of Department search). But even when I revert back to the orginal files....it just doesn't work.

When searching for example "ja" it gives me 16 results, so there is 2 pages. If i click the 2 nd page link it will take me to the 2nd page of the orginal unfiltered list.

I can't understand why is it losing the search filter info in between of pageloads...

The link itself contains the searchterm just fine:
xxxxxx.xxxxxxx.xx/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&listid=4&Itemid=66&limitstart=15&search=ja

But even by inserting this link to the browser it wont give anything axept the default unfiltered list.

16 years 7 months ago #45685 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Filtered List Navigation Problem
Thanks for noticing and reporting.

This problem is fixed in CB 1.1.

We are still running an intermediate version here, which had this problem.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #45689 by jkannisto
Replied by jkannisto on topic Re:Filtered List Navigation Problem
Hi,

any idea on how to fix this without updating?

I've made quite a lot of code changes to have a department search box and also to have link to our phone system, so that when you click a persons phonenumber it will call with your deskphone.

I've looked at the 1.1 code and it looks totally different (which is undestandable) and I really wouldnt like to start these modifcations all over again.

16 years 7 months ago #45716 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Re:Filtered List Navigation Problem
As a matter of fact, it's quite easy to fix. Open the file comprofiler.html.php and add the line indicated by the following code excerpt from one of my sites:

[code:1]// the following line was added by Bruce Scherzinger to allow searching with RG disabled
$search = mosGetParam($_POST,'search','');
$search = cbEscapeSQLsearch(cbGetEscaped(trim( strtolower( $search))));
[/code:1]
You need to add the mosGetParam call because with RG disabled it doesn't get passed automagically.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn