prototype.js conflict

16 years 6 months ago #47636 by ojay
prototype.js conflict was created by ojay
Hi there,

Firstly I'm a noobie so excuse any retardyness, I'm not even sure if this is in the right place?!

My clients site makes use of your excellent CB product (V1.0.2) alongside a YOOtheme template.
I'm a CSS / frontend developer so am at a loss as how to solve this issue:

The YOOtheme template makes use of MOOtools to power a fancy sliding menu. The problem is when a user is logged in to CB and is on their profile page the slider menu stops working. I've narrowed the problem down to the prototype.js and more specificly this line of code [code:1]if (e != $break) throw e;[/code:1](line 227)
When that executes the menu breaks.

I searched the forums and found this article: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,13/id,36432/#36432

The third from last post mentions something about prototype.js - Is there any way the ajax plugin it refers to could help me? after all the slider menu is Ajax.

If anyone needs anymore info please give me a shout.
Any advice welcome, thanks! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #47682 by ojay
Replied by ojay on topic Re:prototype.js conflict
Ok,

MOOtools has prototype.js at it's core as does community builder right? Can i just ask if when CB was being built how much configuration went in to prototype.js? if there are two prototype.js's on the site, is it possible to remove one and just change the file paths respectively?

I'm not a JS coder either so just throwing it out there...

Thanks

16 years 6 months ago #48573 by ford
Replied by ford on topic Re:prototype.js conflict
No. That's not entirely correct. From mootools.net:

Some functions are inspired by those found in prototype.js

Other than that, there is no connection between mootools and the prototype / prototype.js libary.

It would be helpful if you could provide a link to your site so we can have a look it.

Does the error occur on all platforms (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari)?

Cheers

Ford

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn