Plugin for Projects

17 years 11 months ago #13689 by Fnark
Plugin for Projects was created by Fnark
Hi, first time on this site. ;)

I might have a neat idea for a community builder extension I would like to share.

"PROJECTS" PLUGIN

Each CB user should have the possibility to start one or several "projects", or join existing "projects".
A "project" would have a name, a space for posting information (wysiwyg editor?), a status field (planned/active/inactive/cancelled/closed), and a list of the involved users with links to their profiles.

So everybody could provide information about his projects, say, a rockband, a movie project, a regular poetry event or something like that.

Other users could join that project. So in case of a rockband, one musician would start the project in community builder, and the other band members could join it.

A nice option would be if the person that started the project could decide whether other project members can modify the information page of the project, like, provide more images and stuff.

On the user projects page, there would be an additional tab saying "Projects"/"These are the projects in which this user is involved in some way", with a field that states his or her role in that project.

On a seperate page, similar to CBs user list, there would be a projects list.

Maybe it would also be possible to link a project to events in a calendar component. Dunno.

Seems like a lot of work :whistle: but I guess that would really rock for creative communities.

(It would also be great to have another tab on the user page saying "equipment I own" (camera, video mixer, car), but I guess that is another story and could be done seperately. I just havent figured out yet how...)

Please bear with me. I understand that CB is already very customizable, I just havent found a way yet to build this thing with the tools I have.

Post edited by: Fnark, at: 2006/05/23 11:09

Post edited by: Fnark, at: 2006/05/23 11:11

Post edited by: Fnark, at: 2006/05/23 11:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #13690 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Plugin for Projects
See listtab plugin. That enables you to have lists of stuff in tabs.

mikko

17 years 11 months ago #13691 by Fnark
Replied by Fnark on topic Re:Plugin for Projects
Thanks for the hint, i'll try that. :P

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn