Tabs Turn On/Off by users

17 years 10 months ago #15199 by rex339
Tabs Turn On/Off by users was created by rex339
i was wondering if there is away in front end , when a user modify his profile settings if he/she could be able to turn off/on some tabs from being view in profile page from public...

well,
this comes in handy in case i had many components, and not all of users might going to post on all components which are viewable in profile page tabs, which leaves empty tabs in user profile. or perhaps they arn't interested in some components at all.

maybe some one liked the profile gallery and wants to close the zoom gallery tab and use profile gallery instead!
or maybe someone doesn't want public to see his last visitors? or posts in forum?

its gone be nice if user had controls on what he/she want to enable to view in their pages...something like a page in profile editing with many check boxes related to tabs would be cool :)

and helps users to make their profile pages looks more elegant not stacked.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15202 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Tabs Turn On/Off by users
My privecy policy plugin does this. It is still in alpha (not usable), but will someday solve the problem.

mikko

17 years 10 months ago #15263 by rex339
Replied by rex339 on topic Re:Tabs Turn On/Off by users
thats cool! looking forward for your beta release
trust me , its gona be "a must to have plugin"...

cuz everyday.. new components come out , new plugins for profile pages, by time, i felt i had alot of tabs!
not only that..
i find ppl argue on which is better to have...
i felt very confused , since also in front end ppl can't even order tabs. (like which one shows on top of others)

...many tabs + different people desires = needs a manager for tabs

i hope in coming CB releases it had special profile manager for end users. to solve all those matters and more if possible :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn