JCE and CB?

17 years 10 months ago #17109 by GreenBoy
JCE and CB? was created by GreenBoy
It would be good if you could use CB with JCE - to allow a little flexibility in the user profile fields, such as their personal signature for a forum component such as Joomlaboard?

Nice to hear what others think?

Greenboy

If it dont look broke... say nothing!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #32587 by kenlohwh
Replied by kenlohwh on topic Re:JCE and CB?
The reason why I'd recommend JCE is because it supports frontend insertion of images. This is done by allowing a logged in user to upload an image into the stories/ folder. He can then select the uploaded files for the insertion.

However, in a CB environment, sharing stories/ doesn't seem to be conducive as far as privacy is concerned. Imagine images that you uploaded could be overwritten by others. For example, the image used as your avatar could be changed by someone else.

Therefore, I'd like to ask if anybody has a workaround such that each CB user has his distinct image folder for uploading when using JCE?

GreenBoy wrote:

It would be good if you could use CB with JCE - to allow a little flexibility in the user profile fields, such as their personal signature for a forum component such as Joomlaboard?

Nice to hear what others think?

Greenboy

17 years 2 months ago #33723 by Dexx
Replied by Dexx on topic Re:JCE and CB?
Is this the reason why TinyMCE shows up in the "Custom Tab" box, but JCE leaves the Box as empty!?

I thought I was getting script errors which was causing it not to work with CB.

It also doesnt seem to work with MamBlog either

17 years 1 month ago #33954 by rmeneses
Replied by rmeneses on topic Re:JCE and CB?
Im having some problems with CB. The biggest one is that in my administration panel I try to access the configuration page of CB and it wont open. It will just crash. Why is this happening it is breaking my head?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn