Customizable profile template

17 years 8 months ago #18655 by ysva
Replied by ysva on topic Re:Customizable profile template
I would absolutely love to write that, unfortunately I'm still learning how to use php well. I'm more a designer than a coder as I mentioned before, but excellent in css...not that that's so hard...Although I'm not that experienced, I do know that this is easy to do and shouldn't take to long. It doesn't even need to be a plugin, hard-coded is fine to as long as it just does the following:
-Users have a drop-down menu in which they can select css layouts
-the selected css get's loaded on their profile
Of course this will go by field and so by database. But how to create a field like that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #18656 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Customizable profile template
Maybe you could start a fundraiser and hire someone for example through www.joomlancers.com?

mikko

17 years 8 months ago #18657 by ysva
I don't need a fundraiser, I've got a big budget, but this is a bit too simple I think for hiring a coder. I just need to know how to...moment, I'm currently checking the files to be able to explain myself better and find the correct terms.

17 years 8 months ago #18659 by ysva
found it, I need to create a new type when adding a field in CB via the admin panel. (Admin->Community Builder->Field Management->New->"Type")

because it for example says: "Web address", this means that more is added, this to be precise:
[code:1]<a href="ADDRESS">TITLE</a>[/code:1]
now I need to know how to insert an include for a css file
the only problem is, that I need to know how to make a dropdown for this, and I think that a css include should be in the head, but I think I'm mistaken

17 years 8 months ago #18660 by ysva
I'm going to make a feature request for a field creator plugin.

17 years 8 months ago #18661 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Customizable profile template
Ok, most people that come here have no money and the fundraiser has worked in the past.

Download the plugin API documentation to see how you create custom tabs. The load the css in the tab header and publish the tab in the top position.

That's about it.

mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn