no "Invite a friend" feature?

17 years 8 months ago #18894 by frankier
no "Invite a friend" feature? was created by frankier
With an extension that calls itself "Community Builder" based on a social networking concept, why does it not include the ability to invite a friend so you can build your community? Out of the box this should be included, yes?

Am I missing something here? Is anyone working on a plugin for this? It should be as simple as an email field and a message field which sends a pre-written message or allows the user to edit a message sent to the invited friend. This would include a link the invited user can click to join and in joining they would be added to the persons friend list.

I would like to run a private site and this would allow me to grow my group privately without opening the registration to the public. The invites systems I've reviewed so far do not integrate into CB so the new friend will not be added to the users friend list therefore will not grow the social network. "Community Builder" ??????? strange name for an extension that doesn't allow you to build a community.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #19474 by jeffason
Replied by jeffason on topic Re:no "Invite a friend" feature?
yup we need this. Maybe I'll make a plugin like this since nothing workable exists

17 years 8 months ago #19492 by drummergirl
Replied by drummergirl on topic Re:no "Invite a friend" feature?
I am using this Invite A Friend Component and it works great so far. In the configuration is has the option to "link to CB profile" but I haven't yet figured out what that actually does. The component also tracks the responses. I am planning to use the tracking feature to award users who recruit the most new members each month.

Post edited by: drummergirl, at: 2006/08/23 17:51

17 years 8 months ago #19583 by jeffason
Replied by jeffason on topic Re:no "Invite a friend" feature?
yeah it looks ok, but have you actually went through the whole process with a test user?

the one bad thing is that it uses a custom/ugly registration page instead of the normal cb one.

Also, im not sure if it was because of url rewrites, but the link they get to confirm registration did not work. So needless to say I axed it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn