Two features (for front end admin & profile view)

17 years 7 months ago #22188 by _lpkb_
I've hacked a few features into CB which I'd love to see incorporated into the official version.

Here's a summary (let me know if you want more info and I'll try to explain further):

1) Specific user IDs to be tagged in the admin panel as "Front end admins." This means when a user with a "front end admin" id is logged in and goes to a profile view, they get a link allowing them to edit the profile from the front end. (In fact, they may not even have back end access depending on your setup). Simply replace the default files after installation with the contents of the zip file.

2) An additional option in the profile views configuration to allow profile views only for registered users (so unregistered can't even click the list items to try to get the profile).

I put comments in the files wherever I made changes, including the tag lpkb so if you search these files for lpkb you will see all the changes.

The file is here:
Joomla CB Hack (Front end admin and additional user profile view option)

Peace,
lpkb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #22216 by beat
Thanks for sharing your work. B)

A similar feature is in CB's plans. We will look at this when we come to it. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn