send email/pm only available for registered users

17 years 6 months ago #23447 by cosmicfantasia
Hi,

@ the moment my user profiles can only be seen by registered users, so that email using a form option is only available to registered users because of this reason.

I am working towards opening up the profiles to the public, but would only want registered users to email/pm other registered users.

It would be great to see user privileges on the who can send emails and pms.

Cosmic... :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #23480 by beat
- CB's email-to-user is always restricted to registered users (anti-spam), even when profiles are public.

- PMS restriction would have to be implemented in your PMS system to be effective against hackers.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 6 months ago #23488 by cosmicfantasia
Replied by cosmicfantasia on topic Re:send email/pm only available for registered use
Thanks Beat.

As I said I am working towards making the pfroiles public, so thats why I couldn't just try it myself. So thanks for the heads up...

Cosmic... :)

17 years 1 month ago #34014 by Kampp
How would I go about letting users not having to be registred in order to use the "Send Email" function?

Did you figure anything out cosmicfantasia?

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

17 years 3 days ago #36587 by Kampp
I have solved the problem with letting unregistred (and not logged in) users email registred users by creating a quick CB plugin. You can find it here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,124/

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

16 years 11 months ago #37901 by gtrusler
Kampp,

I have downloaded your plugin, but I am not able to get it to install using any of the admin installers. Any suggestions? I'm using Joomla 1.0.12 and CB 1.0.2.

Thanks,
Graydon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn