Music Plugin for CB? & User Groups...

17 years 6 months ago #23525 by leonhouse
Music Plugin for CB? & User Groups... was created by leonhouse
Hey, I was wondering if anybody is ever going to write a Music Plugin for CB? Either a way for users to upload their songs to their profiles that auto-play or atleast links to their songs so people can either download them from their profiles when they click the link or stream the songs? I'm working on a band web site & am using CB & it would be really nice to have this feature. Also it would be nice if I could split my users into groups (ie, bands/solo acts, fans, promoters, venues, etc).

Has anyone started working on anything like that yet? If not, I guess I could start learning how to write my own CB plugins. Thanks a lot to the people who wrote CB, I like it a lot. :)

-Leon House of www.TheSkipTracers.com

Leon House ( www.LeonHouse.info ) of The Skip Tracers ( www.TheSkipTracers.com )

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #23684 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Music Plugin for CB? & User Groups...
Hi Leonhouse,

There are a couple projects going now for embedding music playlists in CB user profiles. I have one in beta, and should be stable and available for download pretty soon. Search for "XSPF" in the forums and you'll see what I mean.

As for groups, check out the GroupJive threads in this forum. That's been the best bet yet for user groups.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

17 years 6 months ago #23694 by leonhouse
Replied by leonhouse on topic Re:Music Plugin for CB? & User Groups...
Awesome, thanks so much, I hope the plugin becomes stable soon & I'm willing to be a beta tester on my site if it atleast semi-works. :) Also, thanks for telling me about the groups plugin that is in the works. It's good to know that they're atleast in development. :) Thanks again.

Leon House ( www.LeonHouse.info ) of The Skip Tracers ( www.TheSkipTracers.com )

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn