Email Imported Users

17 years 6 days ago #36409 by schelly
Email Imported Users was created by schelly
Dear CB Team,

I've used a utility called JUICE (Joomla User Import ComponEnt) to bring in a list of people from csv file into the Joomla usertables and then used CB Synch user tool to get them all into Community Builder. That all worked fine, but there is no support for this JUICE thingy so I have no way to request a feature of its author.

So I'll request it of you guys, who are the "User Shell" guru's. Can you take this JUICE thing and make it a "Tool" in the CB Tools menu, and then also have the ability to email all the imported users with their new login information?

I realize this will be a low priority wish. But there are some groups who will have closed membership kinds of sites, where only members of a physical club can be a member of the site (such as with the Fire Protection Agency I'm volunteering my time with).

For sites such as this, an import of 250 plus users was required and, indeed, a time saver... but now I'm stuck with sending out an email to all 250 users manually to advise them of their username and password.

Thank you much for all you do, and for your consideration.

Schelly

Attachment JUICE_1.zip not found

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #39381 by lenamtl
Replied by lenamtl on topic Re:Email Imported Users
Hi,

Personally I'm using this kit: import_users.zip
www.joomlapolis.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/import_users.zip

for more info: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/func,view/catid,28/id,25757/

I don't know if I understand your problem correctly, but if you want to send email&pw to all users, you can do this:

I think you will need to change the status of all concerned user to Not confirm first.

then use the components called:
resend activation (not sure of the exact name)
or Member care system extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,2085/Itemid,35/

a+

Lenamtl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn