Restrict Registration to Country

17 years 6 days ago #36663 by snazzyperry
Restrict Registration to Country was created by snazzyperry
I would like to know if someone HAS actually done this... Upon registration I would like to 'restrict' registration to Canada (nothing against any other country - that is the only place where we sell to B) ) and also request certain fields to be populated with Provinces and allow the registration to 'select' the Province and provide the rest of the pertainent information too.

Is there a way of doing this... easily!

Thanks,
Snazzyperry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 days ago #36697 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Restrict Registration to Country
That's kind of difficult to pull off without knowing the IP ranges used up by every Canadian ISP and using Apache to only allow access from addresses in those blocks. It's a lot of work just to track down a Canadian audience. And what if said Canadian's ISP is not specifically Canadian?

As for auto-selected provinces, many ISPs (like Rogers or Bell Canada) assign dynamic addresses to residential users, so it would be hard to predictably nail down the location, but there are services out there that try to do just that.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

17 years 5 days ago #36753 by snazzyperry
Replied by snazzyperry on topic Re:Restrict Registration to Country
I don't want to totally restrict, but I would only like to allow registration if you are Canadian or sales are to be ONLY to registered Canadians only. I would like to have the form ONLY list Canada and the provinces, I can manually check the names, etc. myself. It doesn't seem easy to allow only canadians but it should be easy to only allow the pulldown options to canada and provinces???

17 years 5 days ago #36839 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Restrict Registration to Country
I see. Yes, the drop down list is pretty easy to make. You could create a 'select' type custom field in CB, fill in the province names then make it into a required field in order to register. You can do that from Components > Community Builder > Field Management, then click on New Field. Then just get rid of any other field in the default installation that prompts for a state, country or province.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn