hide Tabs when empty on front end

16 years 10 months ago #39848 by dennishurley
hide Tabs when empty on front end was created by dennishurley
Hey,

I have a few users on my site that have empty tabs... like galleries with no content, and a music player with no tunes uploaded yet, connections tabs with no friends and so on...

I want these (empty) tabs to be visible only when viewed by the user, so that they can manage their profile and upload content...

BUT I don't want any tabs that are empty to be visible to visitors... because it makes the pages look like they're abandoned, and my site is looking like a ghost town

Does CB feature a way to toggle the visibilty of tabs off/on that can be controlled from within a plugin or the tab manager based on a couple of conditions, so that instead of the plugin outputting a tab that says "this user has no friends", instead it can just hide the tab under which it sits?

any ideas? if anyone is willing to point me in the right direction I'd be most appreciative

cheers, and thanks guys ;)

Dennis
Sydney, Australia
Skypename: dennishurley

Post edited by: dennishurley, at: 2007/06/21 03:47

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 10 months ago #39854 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:hide Tabs when empty on front end
The easiest way to achieve this is probably edit each of the plugins you have to return an empty string if there is no content to be displayed.

mikko

16 years 10 months ago #39856 by dennishurley
Replied by dennishurley on topic Re:hide Tabs when empty on front end
thanks, I think that's the answer I was looking for!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.807 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn