Great... but... a few questions

17 years 11 months ago #12987 by hamishrp
Great... but... a few questions was created by hamishrp
Hey...

Reall great work man. I'm loving the quick functionality of this. I do have a few questions though..

I have a community with about 9,000 users using CB (they love it) and I am slowly rolling out the new version of CB and will also roll out this plugin. It's really important for us to moderate the photos that are added as we're legally required to remove all adult content. I noticed that it says this feature is yet to come. Can someone tell me a bit more about this? Like, how will the pictures be managed? Through the same interface as the rest of CB?

Also when i was testing this out on one of my site's mirrors i noticed that as I uploaded images, the quota indicator didn't change and remained 100% free.. Any ideas on why that could be happening?

As i said, it's a wicked feature. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Hamish Priest

p.s. I love that you can change the limits for different users :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #12999 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Great... but... a few questions
The functionality is currently in the system - just not as user friendly as I would want.

You have to tinker the tab parameters to not auto-approve the images.
CB Moderators will get email messages with links to newly uploaded but not approved items. The moderator by clicking on the link will be taken to the users profile were he/she can manually approve the newly uploaded images.
It works.
Quota indicator is wierd - it works just fine here.
Please post an artifact over at our forge project area (see my signature) so I can further investigate this.

17 years 11 months ago #13022 by hamishrp
Replied by hamishrp on topic Re:Great... but... a few questions
Will do!

As for moderation... we have almost 100 new members a day and a good portion of them add pictures. In our case emailing moderators each time a picture is upladed is not so much of an option.
A more general 'moderation' area, lika that which already exists for CB, would be idea... perhaps?

Hamish

17 years 11 months ago #13030 by nant
Yeah,
placing the moderation workflow in the CB workflow module is the proper way. It means that the API must be extended first so I had to implement something fast and I did.

17 years 11 months ago #13053 by hamishrp
Replied by hamishrp on topic Re:Great... but... a few questions
Absolutely what I would have done. There has been SOOO much demand for this fantastic extension.

I would comment though that perhaps seperating main pictures from gallery pictures in some way can be beneficial. For example, in the case of my website we only allow face-shots as main images on your profile, whereas in the gallery we would intend to allow anything: your car, your fav. person, your house , your friends, whatever...

So just knowing which picture is which may be useful for some people. Whether this means a seperate moderation area of simply a 'G' next to images within the current image moderation area.... either way i guess there are benefits.

17 years 11 months ago #13073 by nant
I would implement it as a seperate workflow all together.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn