Joomla phpbb connector

17 years 10 months ago #14836 by gustywinds
Joomla phpbb connector was created by gustywinds
Hi,

I have Joomla, and phpbb, but they're in different MySQL databases.

I've downloaded the connector, but the readme just tells what it does, but I have not been able to find the first thing about installing that I've been able to find.

My issue is this, we're using Community Builder for our Joomla members, and simply want to connect their joomla username and password into phpbb.

I'm not very savvy with phpbb, and I guess I just need a bit more explanation on how to install and configure the connector.

Oh yeah, and I'm on a deadline about this, my client wants it yesterday.

Anyone? Anyone?

Gusty:kiss:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #14844 by stevebor1
Replied by stevebor1 on topic Re:Joomla phpbb connector
Read the first thread which explains your Q and A.

Post edited by: stevebor1, at: 2006/06/07 06:41

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
Joomla! 1.0.12 - Community Builder 1.0.2 - Joomlaboard 1.1.2
Own Mods Featured Profile Mod
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Mobile Wallet and Social Lending, Anywhere!

17 years 10 months ago #14870 by gustywinds
Replied by gustywinds on topic Re:Joomla phpbb connector
Hi,

Ok, I've read it, read it again, and still only find a link to a patch, not the original connector (but I do have that)

The README file for the Patch, I understand. I don't understand how to, or configure the connector.

I don't see anything about How to Install it. Since I can't seem to find my answer in your referral, would you post a copy of what you keep referring me to with where my answer is?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Gusty:kiss:

17 years 10 months ago #14871 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Joomla phpbb connector
gustywinds,

This thread has some discussion about how to make Joomla and phpBB share a database (required for connector to work).

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,34/id,13901#13901/

The connector itself installs just like any other CB plugin... go to the admin side... then go to Components - Community Builder - Plugin Management... from there you can install a component in the area near the middle of the page height... should be an area titled something like install plugin. Select the file by pressing the browse button and selecting the zip file in the file open dialog. Then after double-clicking or pressing ok.. you can press the upload & install button. The plugin will publish itself upon upload.

To change parameters of the plugin go to the admin side then select Components - Community Builder - Plugin Management... then click on the plugin titled "phpBB Connector" this will take you to a screen where you can adjust the parameters of teh plugin... v. 1.0.2 only has a few options to mess with... note the patches you mentioned earlier for fixing "remember me" logins and for helping to transfer larger user tables... just ftp those files over the desired files to install the patches.

The URL given at first shows how to install phpBB and setup the connector... Since your phpBB site is already running... I would suggest setting up a new phpBB install as per the URL... then using phpMyAdmin or similar database program copy the phpBB tables from the old setup to the newly setup version (overwritting the new phpbb tables)... then proceed on to sync'ing users.

Hope this helps,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 9 months ago #16597 by Pinhead
Replied by Pinhead on topic Re:Joomla phpbb connector
How can i totally remove the user log in secion on my phpbb board..

i want it gone..so you have to log in via the CB log in

17 years 9 months ago #16611 by zerodean
Replied by zerodean on topic Re:Joomla phpbb connector
Pinhead wrote:

How can i totally remove the user log in section on my phpbb board.

You have to edit your phpbb header template and either remove or comment out the login section.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn