[solved] phpbb connector 1.0.2 -> phpbb 2.0.21

17 years 9 months ago #17205 by geeffland
AJuOnLiNE,

This might be a cookie thing... I have recently seen the same thing happen on one of my test servers... I will dig into it further... for what is worth... If I log in to the admin side... close the window... then press the control panel link again it seems to work...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17223 by AJuOnLiNE
Not getting it to work YET.
I have few profile fields which I want to be exported to phpBB as well.
But one of them is a "List" type for "State"
I just need the users to be exported from CB/Joomla to phpBB.
I tried using different browser. Not sure what do you mean by the cookie thing :)

17 years 9 months ago #17224 by geeffland
AJuOnLiNE,

It appears that Joomla has changed their admin login method a little bit... the J1.0.8 that I have does different stuff than the one I coded the plugin from originally (probably J1.0.4 +-) So for 1.0.10 it might need to be rewritten.

Does the relogging in on the new popup work? (i.e. press the control panel link... get new window which shows admin login... login to admin side in that new popup... close the pop-up window... press the control panel link again...)

Also this sync would not sync the other profile fields you mention... only username, password, e-mail, or avatar. So a sync of that data would require custom code to transfer to the phpBB database, customization of the phpBB database to hold the new data, and customization of phpBB to show the new data somewhere... so it might be a lot of work... just want you to be aware of the work you would need to do to make that part happen...

But once you get into the admin control panel sync'ing users between should be fairly easy... just not the extra data..

Greg

17 years 9 months ago #17225 by AJuOnLiNE
yes I did try that trick.
Well after studying the data base I figured out that I wont be able to import the extra fields through normal means.
And since you already have the work around for Just the user names email and pass. I think that wud do for the moment.
And I will work on a work around for the custom fields.
Is there a chance u have a solution to the Upgraded Joomla Issue..

17 years 9 months ago #17226 by geeffland
Not at this time... hope to in the next day or so... if you want to test the idea...

replace the lines in phpbbgui.php between

//*********************** code below from administrator/index2.php **********************

and

//*********************** code above from administrator/index2.php **********************

with the code in the mentioned Joomla file... 1 exception is to default the $option variable to '' versus the command to get the post variable...

Greg

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn