Changing username in phpbb not updating CB

17 years 9 months ago #16875 by chadcham
I have installed the 1.02 Plugin connector for phpbb onto a 2.0.17 phpbb install that has been running for some time. The users synced OK, and when I login to joomla it logs me into phpbb as it is intended. However, when I change the username within the phpbb user profile, it does not update Joomla (with Community Builder installed)?

From reading the FAQ, it seems like the plugin is intended to allow username changes from phpbb to update Joomla with the CB phpbb plugin installed. Is this correct?

Thanks!
Chad

Post edited by: chadcham, at: 2006/07/11 07:29

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #16920 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Changing username in phpbb not updating CB
chadcham,

Actually the plugin only syncs data from CB to phpBB. This plugin does not do any hacks on phpBB and since it does not do that it can not respond to changes in phpBB.

The next version has the ability to modify phpBB profile data and with that it would be recommened to redirect the phpBB profile to point to the CB profile page.

The same thing holds true for registration and logging in and out... only 1 direction from CB to phpBB is supported... so it is also recommened to redirect the login/logout and registration links to the same link for CB.

I will try to make the FAQ a little more clear.

thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 9 months ago #16931 by chadcham
Replied by chadcham on topic Re:Changing username in phpbb not updating CB
Sorry, that was my misunderstanding. I notice in other posts now where you clearly stated that phpbb code is not modified. I am used to dealing in SQL Server/Oracle world where we can use triggers for updates every now and then :(

Are there any clear chaps here that can start me off in the right direction to allow updates of usernames and password if they are updated in phpbb? Due to the use of other fields in the forums, I still cannot turn off the profile editor within phpbb.

Thanks much!
Chad

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn